Monday 6 July 2009

Welcome!


Hi All

Let me kick off this blog by saying how delighted I am to be appointed as manager of Beechside. They are an ambitious club with designs of getting into the Football League. With the club’s wealthy owner, Carlo Marco, at the helm then I’m sure this won’t be a problem. But money is never a guarantee of success in football, so we’re going to have to work hard to succeed.

I’m equally delighted to announce my second signing, my old friend from my playing days at Rangers and Morecambe, Peter Lewin, has agreed to take up a player-coaching role at Beechside, as well as working with Carlo, in his business ventures.

I bet you’re wondering what my first signing is, aren’t you? Well it was an application form for membership of Polo’s Gentleman’s Club and Bar, the only place to enjoy yourself after a match. The owner of Polo’s, our very own chairman Carlo Marco, would like me to inform you that every season ticket holder is entitled to a free bottle of champagne and ‘off-the-cuff entertainment’ from two of our finest ladies, if you sign up and become a member. Go on, treat yourself – I have and I’m married!

So as well as househunting with the wife (she’s from London, so she’s pretty clueless about anywhere north of Watford) I’m going to be planning our pre-season programme, so watch this space for updates. Myself and Peter are also going to be looking at the squad when they come back for Pre-Season training next week and then deciding where we need to strengthen.

So with all this in mind, let’s look forward to a (hopefully) successful season at the Polo’s Gentleman’s Club Stadium. Look out everyone in the Unibond!

Cheers

Paul
P.S If you're on Twitter, you can follow me by clicking 'follow' in the box on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment