Wednesday 8 July 2009

A Bit About Myself...


Hi All

For those who don’t know me, here’s a bit about myself!

I started my playing career at my hometown side Morecambe, during which I played schoolboy football for England. I was thrown out for bullying. I would go on play for 24 different clubs during my career, including Glasgow Rangers, Manchester City, Preston North End and Motherwell.

While at Motherwell, we played Manchester United in a pre-season match. Alex Ferguson was giving me so much abuse that I punched him so hard, he nearly choked on his chewing gum. I have never seen him since, although the restraining order may have played a part in that.

I also played international football for Malta, after I qualified for a passport through ancestry. I played 12 games for the Maltese national side, as well as a spell with local club Naxxar Lions. However my international career was brought to an abrupt halt after it was discovered the proof that entitled me to a Maltese passport, was forged. Even though I was cleared of any wrong doing, I was unable to claim asylum in Malta.

I returned to England to play for Morecambe again before I was given a chance to play at Preston. It was during an away game at QPR that I met my lovely wife Jayne, obviously we weren’t married at the time! She’s a yoga teacher and a cracking cleaner.

I would end my career during my fourth spell at Morecambe when I may or may not have been involved in the closure and demise of the town’s ‘Frontierland’ theme park. I did have quite a lot of money to spend afterwards, the lucky missus got the most expensive cleaning products money could buy!

We used the winnings to move down to London and I took all my coaching badges. Before I knew it, I was coaching young boys at the F.A Centre of Excellent, the wife got her own yoga studio and everything was rosy!

That was until I received a call off one of my old business associates, Carlo Marco. He’s a self-made millionaire who owns a chain of ‘gentleman’s clubs’ among other things. He wanted me to manage Beechside, a non-league side he had recently bought. Myself and the wife didn’t want to move, so after some hard thinking I took up the offer and she came with me. Of course, our sudden change-of-heart has got nothing to do with my ‘business dealings’ with Carlo.

So here I am, about to embark on my first season in football management. Our target is promotion to Conference North and I can’t see any reason why we can’t do that, unless Carlo’s money runs out! And believe me – Man Utd would go bust before he does! Oh, wait a minute…never mind!

Cheers

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment