Monday 7 September 2009

A difficult month, turned good

Hi all

It’s been a while I know, but thanks to last month’s shenanigans down in London I had to suspend coming out in the press (not in that way, I’m a happily married man, to a woman I hasten to add). Thankfully our chairman, Carlo Marco, got involved and everything finally got sorted with the law. So look out for the pre-season report soon!

Meanwhile, the season has got underway for us and I’m happy with the start we’ve made. A 4-0 win against Salford City was followed up a by a well-earned point against Lancaster as the match ended goalless. So far, it’s played 6, won 3 and drawn 3. Our first home match was against Warrington Town, which gave us three points as well as two streakers. Sadly they were both male and both my substitutions. They have been disciplined.

We’re currently unbeaten and lie 3rd in the Unibond League North. It’s a decent start but we want to start turning these draws into wins, so we can put pressure on the top of the table. Carlo has been putting his own kind of pressure on certain members of the referees panel, but he’s denied slipping some of them some free vouchers for his lap dancing club. So he bung them £50 each instead.

But I must say that the dancers at his club are quality, not that I know like.

So with a big month coming up, lets hope we can continue our decent start and our ascent to the top of the table!

Cheers

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment